From the original Barge Concepts website:
Inspired by overwhelming customer demand, Barge Concepts is proud to announce the release of our expression-pedal-ready bypass looper, the VFB-x.
This expression pedal update to the popular VFB-2 features unique active opto-isolator technology to provide dynamic foot control to the VFB-2 Clean Blend and Feedback Blend controls. Micro-trim pots built into the circuit board permit fine-tuning the response sweep for compatibility with a number of industry standard expression pedals. The VFB-x is a fully buffered True Bypass loop with a Clean Blend control and a footswitch-activated variable feedback blend.
The VFB-x uses audio grade Burr Brown op-amps to buffer the send and receive signals, allowing improved signal strength over long pedal chains and cable runs,
and minimizes “tone sucking” from vintage and mass-produced effects. The Clean Blend control mixes the clean/direct signal with the output of the effects loop, while the Feedback Blend circuit controls the amount of receive signal that is fed back to the send jack.
The watchword of the VFB series is unparalleled versatility. Whether you simply need a signal buffer or true bypass looper, want to add a blend control to your favorite stompbox, or are ready to start exploring the endless possibilities of feedback looping, the VFB-x has a place in every musician’s rig. With its fully buffered signal path, complete isolation of inputs and outputs, and an intuitive and interactive control set, the VFB-x is in a class by itself in the occasionally confusing world of buffers and bypass devices.
- As a True Bypass loop: Use it to turn on/off multiple pedals at once, keep noisy or tone-sucking pedals out of your signal path, add true bypass to any or all of your pedals without complicated or overpriced modifications
- As a Blend control: Mix your clean tone with that oscillating delay or your heavy fuzz and distortion sounds.
- As a Feedback loop: The feedback circuit takes the signal at the receive jack and feeds it back to the send, a creating a feedback loop forsometimes unpredictable, but always interesting and unique new sounds.
- As a Signal Buffer: The VFB-x uses very low noise, audio grade Burr-Brown internal buffers to insure transparent sound across the entire audible spectrum.
- Compact, aluminum enclosure – Footprint 4.75″ wide x 3.75″ deep
- 3PDT True Bypass switching
- LED indicators for Bypass and Feedback switches
- Low noise, audio grade Burr Brown op-amps
- Low noise, 1%, metal film resistors used throughout
- High quality mica, film, and tantalum capacitors for improved signal fidelity
- Switchcraft jacks
- Alpha pots with set-screw knobs
interior layout using a 4 layer silk-screened and solder-masked circuit
board for the lowest possible noise floor and clean power distribution
- All audio jacks mounted on the North end to save board space
- Industry standard 9V DC power jack (operation supported up to 18V with regulated power supply)
- Top quality 9V battery pre-installed
- 7 day return policy
- Lifetime Warranty
More information here: